EquaGel is made of a dry-polymer gel that is rubbery to the touch. This gel forms columns in the EquaGel cushion and when a user sits on the cushion, the columns buckle into the hollow area between the walls for comfort and support. Air channels between the gel walls promote air flow. This, along with the breathable cover, optimises the skin microclimate. EquaGel cushions are maintenance-free, do not require set up and are flexible for use on wheelchairs seats.
The Equagel General Cushion has the following features:
- 100% EquaGel in two stages: the top layer is thin wall gel and a tight grid for a comfort layer. The bottom layer is thicker wall gel and a wide grid for deep posture support
- Ideal for moderate cushioning needs
- Contoured pelvic area for equalising pressure redistribution
- Fluid resistant, flame retardant, vapour permeable cover with hook and-loop sections on base for wheelchair security
- 50 mm high, with 32mm of buckling gel under pressure points